Today's recipe was submitted by Dinner Together reader Kristin Harper. Kristin describes this recipe as her favorite side dish. I wanted to get it up here now while you still might have a chance of finding some fresh summer squash. Enjoy!
• 1 teaspoon cornstarch
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 cup vegetable broth
• 1 small zucchini cut into 1/4-inch slices
• 1 small yellow summer squash cut into 1/4-inch slices
• 1/2 small sweet red pepper cut into strips
• 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
• 1/2 teaspoon butter
• 1 garlic clove minced
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, salt and broth until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, squash and red pepper in oil and butter until tender.
- Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Total Time: 20Min.