This is the recipe I'm going to challenge myself with! I have never made brussel sprouts. In fact, they have "scared" me a bit. I've recently eaten some well prepared brussel sprouts and they were tastier than I thought. So I will definitely be trying this one. Thank you to Colleen from Souffle Bombay and Picture Me Cooking for sharing this recipe.
Pan Seared Brussel Sprouts
Brussel Sprouts (about 25 pieces)
6 slices of bacon, chopped
1/4 cup onion, chopped
3 TBS olive oil (or more depending on bacon used)
1/4 cup chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste
- Slice a bit of the ends off of each brussel sprout of they don't look fresh. Slice each "head" in half. Set aside.
- In a good sized skillet saute bacon for 3 minutes, add in onion and continue to saute for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add in brussel sprouts and saute for 5-8 minutes adding in olive oil as needed.
- Add in broth and continue to move brussel sprouts around occasionally. Once Brussel sprouts are fork tender they are ready to serve.
- Cooking time will vary depending on the size of brussel sprouts used.