Saturday, October 23, 2010

Pan Seared Brussel Sprouts

Day 6 of the 30 Day Tasty Vegetable Challenge

This is the recipe I'm going to challenge myself with! I have never made brussel sprouts. In fact, they have "scared" me a bit. I've recently eaten some well prepared brussel sprouts and they were tastier than I thought. So I will definitely be trying this one. Thank you to Colleen from Souffle Bombay and Picture Me Cooking for sharing this recipe.

Pan Seared Brussel Sprouts


Ingredients

Brussel Sprouts (about 25 pieces)
6 slices of bacon, chopped
1/4 cup onion, chopped
3 TBS olive oil (or more depending on bacon used)
1/4 cup chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste

Directions
  • Slice a bit of the ends off of each brussel sprout of they don't look fresh. Slice each "head" in half. Set aside.
  • In a good sized skillet saute bacon for 3 minutes, add in onion and continue to saute for an additional 5 minutes. 
  • Add in brussel sprouts and saute for 5-8 minutes adding in olive oil as needed. 
  • Add in broth and continue to move brussel sprouts around occasionally. Once Brussel sprouts are fork tender they are ready to serve.
  • Cooking time will vary depending on the size of brussel sprouts used.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be sure to include your email address or email me at info@dinnertogether.com if you'd like to be considered for any giveaways.