SESAME GREEN BEANS
(Adapted from The New Good Housekeeping Cookbook, 1986)
1 ½ pounds green beans, trimmed
2 t sesame seeds
3 T soy sauce
2 T canola oil
· Boil water in large sauce pan
· Add green beans and cook til fork tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and run under cold water.
· Meanwhile, in small sauce pan or skillet over medium heat toast sesame seeds until golden brown. Sesame seeds produce their own oil so you can just put them directly in the pan. Just monitor closely and shake the pan throughout. It should only take a couple of minutes; be careful not to burn them.
· Put the green beans back in the pot and add soy sauce and oil. Cook beans over low heat, stirring frequently.
· Sprinkle beans with sesame seeds.