Friday, November 5, 2010

Spinach Rice Soup

Day 19 of the 30 Day Tasty Vegetable Challenge

Today's recipe comes from my mom. <3

This was the only way that I would eat spinach as a kid. I have fond memories of my mom making this for me, especially if I was a little sick. With winter viruses on the horizon, I'm sure I will be craving - and making - this soon. And I think this recipe could win the prize for "easiest recipe." What do you think?

Anyone else have any recipes from their childhood that they'd like to share?


Spinach Rice Soup

1 qt of chicken broth
1 pkg of chopped spinach thawed and drained
2 cups of cooked rice ( white or brown)
 
Pour the chicken broth into a large saucepan, bring to a boil, add the spinach and simmer for about 5 minutes or until spinach is cooked.  Add in the rice , stir and serve.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be sure to include your email address or email me at info@dinnertogether.com if you'd like to be considered for any giveaways.