Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Quick Broccoli Vinaigrette



Day 17 of the 30 Day Tasty Vegetable Challenge


Today's recipe is courtesy of Sally Kuzemchak, MS, RD, LD of Real Mom Nutrition. Sally is a registered dietitian and a mom to two young boys. She writes about healthy eating with a real life perspective on her blog. I encourage you to check her out.




Quick Broccoli Vinaigrette
by Sally Kuzemchak


With veggies, I go pretty simple. My kids (and my husband!) don't like veggies mixed into main dishes, so I usually do them as a side. 

Here is one I do for myself, more of a grown-up taste with the vinegar and mustard. Just steam broccoli and drizzle the vinaigrette over it. I steam broccoli for my kids and put a raspberry vinaigrette on it (like Ken's Raspberry Walnut--my kids call it "raspberry sauce").


Ingredients
1 pound broccoli, steamed
2 T. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. olive oil
salt and pepper to taste


Directions
Whisk together vinegar, mustard, oil, salt, and pepper. 
Pour dressing over broccoli. Mix well.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be sure to include your email address or email me at info@dinnertogether.com if you'd like to be considered for any giveaways.