Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Souffled Sweet Potato

Day 30 of the 30 Day Tasty Vegetable Challenge

When I was growing up we never had sweet potatoes much. It was not until I started spending some holidays with my husband's family that I learned to enjoy the wonderful flavor of sweet potato. This recipe comes from my mother-in-law and it is a staple at our Thanksgiving table. I have modified it slightly from her original. She used 3/4 to 1 cup of sugar; I've cut that down to 1/2 cup and am considering experimenting with 1/4 cup this holiday. The sweet potatoes are so sweet as is.

Souffled Sweet Potato

6 cups hot cooked sweet potatoes (I peel and boil them til fork tender)
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
3 eggs

Place sweet potatoes, sugar, butter, vanilla and nutmeg in a large mixing boil.
Beat with electric mixer until smooth and fluffy.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Place in a 2 quart casserole dish.
Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.



1 comment:

  1. Hey ! This recipe looks great! I am going to make it tonight! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to include your email address or email me at info@dinnertogether.com if you'd like to be considered for any giveaways.