Broiled Chicken With Artichokes
8 skinless boneless chicken thighs
12 ounce bottle of marinated, quartered artichoke hearts
3 T olive oil
1 t salt
1/2 t pepper
2 T chopped parsley
2-3 T grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Drain artichokes and save 1-2T marinade.
- Mix chicken, artichokes, 2T oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Place on a broiler pan.
- Place in the broiler about 3 inches from the heat.
- Cooking time may vary depending on your broiler/oven. In my electric oven, it takes about 10 minutes per side for the chicken to be done, but I suspect a gas oven might be faster. In any case, turn the chicken once, but do not turn the artichokes, during cooking time. Chicken is done when it looks lightly browned and is cooked through to an internal temperature of 180 degrees.
- Transfer chicken and artichokes to a platter. Pour reserved marinade over chicken and sprinkle with parsley and grated cheese (you might want to skip this step for chicken pieces for the kids if they don't like the pickled marinade taste or green things on their chicken!).