Since it is Lent and I do follow the practice of no-meat Fridays. Some people don't feel comfortable cooking fish, perhaps because they don't have good recipes. Here is an easy recipe that also has a lot of flavor and health benefits. If you're not a "fish person", you might want to give this one a try. My kids will eat this one, but will pick off the tasty toppings to varying degrees. They tend to prefer salmon or breaded fillets, but I can't always cook just what they like!
BAKED TILAPIA WITH TOMATOES AND OLIVES
1 ½ lbs tilapia loins or other thick fish fillet (like cod)
½ t salt
½ t pepper
2 tomatoes, chopped
½ cup green olives with pimentos, coarsely chopped
½ cup red onion, finely chopped
¼ cup olive oil
1 T fresh lime juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 t dried thyme or 1 T fresh thyme leaves
· Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
· Coat a glass baking dish with cooking spray.
· Place fish in baking dish.
· Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
· Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl and spoon over fish.
· Bake until fish is cooked through (about 15-20 minutes). Fish will be white and flaky.