Thursday, December 10, 2009

Praline Pecans

This is one of my favorite holiday treats. My neighbor gave them to us several years ago, and I've been hooked ever since. My family now makes these and we give them out as gifts. Kids can definitely help out with the recipe. For more ideas about food and family, see my recent newsletter article 5 Ways to Connect Food and Family at the Holidays.

The recipe was given to me by my neighbor, and the recipe title says, "Joanie Jackson's Pecans." I'm not sure who Joanie Jackson is, but thank you very much! I love your nuts. The combination of sweet and salty is just delicious. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.

1 pound pecan halves
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup sugar
1 egg white
1 tablespoon water
  • Beat the egg white and water until foamy.
  • Add the sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
  • Stir in the pecan halves and spread the mixture out onto a cookie sheet lined with foil.
  • Bake at 200 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring the pecans every 15 minutes to make sure all of the pecans are baked.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be sure to include your email address or email me at info@dinnertogether.com if you'd like to be considered for any giveaways.