Monday, September 21, 2009

Celebrate Family Meal Day!

In recognition of the importance of family meals on children's health and well-being, the National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse (CASA) at Columbia University is promoting "Family Day: A Day To Eat Dinner With Your Children." This year's event is scheduled for next Monday September 28, 2009. Whichever day you choose to celebrate, I encourage you to make the effort to schedule in a day to eat dinner with your children in the next week or so.

We all face many obstacles to making family dinners a reality. I'd love to hear from you about family meals in your home. Any strategies or ideas you've found to overcome obstacles to family meals? Any favorite recipes that are a hit with the whole family? Feel free to post a comment or e-mail me (info@dinnertogether.com) so I can share your ideas with the Dinner Together community.

Happy Eating!

2 comments:

  1. Last night I made minestrone soup and popovers for the family. For some reason, popovers wow my kids more than anything else (even dessert)!! We eat together almost every night. Now that my oldest son has quit hockey and is focusing on just one sport (soccer), our nighttime at our house has calmed down considerably.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please be sure to include your email address or email me at info@dinnertogether.com if you'd like to be considered for any giveaways.