I think I may have a new favorite cookbook. I love Aviva Goldfarb’s new cookbook, “SOS! The Six O'Clock Scramble to the Rescue: Earth-Friendly, Kid-Pleasing Dinners for Busy Families.”
The book is arranged seasonally with recipes containing produce ingredients you are likely to find at the particular time of year for each section. So far I have tried three of the Spring recipes (Chinese Lo Mein Noodles with Asparagus, p. 50, Orzo Salad with Peas and Feta Cheese, p. 52, and Pasta Primavera, p. 56.), and all have been a hit with my family. I have many, many more recipes earmarked to try. I can’t wait!
In addition to all the great quick and easy recipes, there are also lots of helpful tips and little articles throughout the book, like “how to keep fruits and veggies fresh and flavorful”, “ten tips to save money on your family food budget,” and “nine secrets to easy composting for scrambling families.” You will find this book to be a valuable resource for feeding your family.
I was fortunate to receive a free advance copy of this book from Aviva, and she has also generously offered to donate a copy to one of my readers for Mother’s Day. (By the way, be sure to check out the author’s son’s mother’s day poem for peace on page 31.) To enter to win your copy of “SOS! The Six O'Clock Scramble to the Rescue: Earth-Friendly Kid-Pleasing Dinners for Busy Families” please:
- Sign up for one (or better yet both!) of my free e-newsletters at www.drcuneo.com and www.dinnertogether.com.
- Receive an extra entry by joining (or is it “liking?”) me on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/drcuneo.
- You must also leave a comment here which either offers one of your tips for successful family meals or one of your biggest challenges with family meals. If you don't have a Blogger profile where I can see your email address, please email me at email@example.com with your email address letting me know you left a comment.
- All entries must be received by midnight Eastern May 19, 2010.
- You must be a U.S. resident, 18 or older to enter.
- Winner will be selected on May 19, 2010 by random number from random.org from eligible entries.