Slow Cooker Beef Stew
2 T olive oil
2 onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup flour
1 pound beef stew meat, cubed
3 large potatoes, peeled and chunked
15 baby carrots
1/2 pound mushrooms, chunked
1/2 cup water
1 can (14.5 oz) beef broth
3/4 t dried thyme
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook onions and garlic until softened.
- Put flour in a plastic bag.
- Add beef cubes and toss to coat.
- Add beef to onion mixture, cooking until meat is browned.*
- Place potatoes, carrots, and mushrooms in bottom of slow cooker.
- Add beef mixture.
- Add beef broth, water, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is tender.